This Policy applies to all operations that are owned by GetitBB Services Inc. (“GetitBB“, “we”, “our”, “us”, “the Company”). This applies to all employees, including those who are permanent, temporary, casual, part-time, or on fixed-term contracts, as affiliates. This Policy also applies to individuals who are authorized to represent GetitBB to customers or members of the public and who have agreed to comply with GetitBB’s internal policies.
- a. This Policy is intended to comply with the principles and guidelines set out in The National Disabilities Unit of Barbados. The content is designed to meet the requirements of the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service (as described by the NDU of Barbados under the AMA) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, as well as GetitBB’s accessibility and inclusion goals throughout its operations.
- b. The Responsibilities described in Section 5 apply to all of GetitBB’s operations.
- c. If any barriers to GetitBB’s goods, services, or facilities are identified but cannot be removed or prevented, we seek to offer alternate ways to provide access to these goods, services, or facilities.
2. Statement of Commitment to Accessibility
- d. GetitBB Services Inc. is committed to providing a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. We are committed to providing accessible and inclusive services, goods, information, and facilities, wherever possible. We strive to incorporate the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equality of opportunity in all of our operations.
The following terms are used in this Policy and have the following meanings:
- e. Accessible, Accessibility: products, services, facilities or environments that can be accessed, used by, or understood by all persons, including those with disabilities
- f. Accessible or Alternate Formats: include but are not limited to large print, recorded audio and electronic formats, braille and other formats usable by persons with disabilities
- g. Assistive Devices: any device used to assist persons with disabilities, including:
- Mobility assistive devices, such as a cane, walker, wheelchair, electronic scooter, or similar device used to assist with mobility;
- Communication devices, such as a hearing device, laptop computer, communication board, or similar device used to assist with communication; or
- Medical devices, such as a personal oxygen tank or similar device used to assist with medical requirements of a disability
- h. Barrier: can be anything – including anything physical, architectural, technological, attitudinal, related to information or communications, or anything that is the result of a system, policy or practice – that hinders the full and equal participation in society of persons with a disability or functional limitation.
- i. Disability: any impairment, including a physical, mental, intellectual, cognitive, learning, communication or sensory impairment—or a functional limitation—whether permanent, temporary or episodic in nature, or evident or not, that, in interaction with a barrier, hinders a person’s full and equal participation in society.
- j. Information: includes data, facts and knowledge that exists in any format, including text, audio, images, digital or print, and that conveys meaning
- k. Kiosk: an interactive electronic terminal, including a point-of-sale device, for public use that allows users to access one or more services or products
- l. Public spaces: As defined by the Local Disabilities Laws, public spaces include:
- Recreational trails/beach access routes;
- Outdoor public eating areas like rest stops or picnic areas;
- Outdoor play spaces, like playgrounds in provincial parks and local communities;
- Outdoor paths of travel, like sidewalks, ramps, stairs, curb ramps, rest areas and accessible pedestrian signals;
- Accessible off-street parking;
- Accessible on-street parking; and
- Service-related elements like service counters, fixed queuing lines and waiting areas
- m. Service Animal: The Local Human Rights Code and accessibility legislation definition of a "service animal" is an animal that has been trained to provide assistance to a person with a disability, for reasons relating to that person’s disability. As defined by the NDU, an animal is a service animal for a person with a disability if:
- The animal can be readily identified as one that is being used by the person for reasons relating to the person’s disability, as a result of visual indicators such as an identifying vest or harness worn by the animal; or
- The person provides documentation from one of the following regulated health professionals confirming that the person requires the animal for reasons relating to a disability:
- A licensed and registered member of BAMP., s.
- Support Person: In relation to a person with a disability, a support person is any person who accompanies a person with a disability in order to help with communication, mobility, personal care, medical needs, or with access to goods, services or facilities.
- GetitBB Services Inc. will provide required accessibility training to all employees. This training will be provided during the initial onboarding period, when changes are made to GetitBB’s accessibility policies or procedures, and when changes are made to accessibility legislation affecting regional employees.
- Accessibility training will cover, at minimum:
- Principles, goals, and customer service standards of applicable accessibility legislation;
- An overview of applicable Human Rights Code content that relates to persons with disabilities;
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact and communicate with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person;
- What to do if a person is having difficulty accessing GetitBB’s goods, services, or facilities and wants to communicate a complaint or provide feedback to the Company; and
- Details of GetitBB’s Accessibility Policy and procedures applicable to their role.
- GetitBB Services Inc. will provide information about the Company and its services, including public safety information, in accessible formats or with communication supports, upon request. The Company will also meet internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA, based on relevant provincial accessibility legislation requirements, with any web content that the Company controls or manages.
- We will communicate with persons with disabilities in formats that take into account their disability and accessibility needs and, whenever possible, in the manner they request. Upon request, GetitBB will provide or arrange for the provision of accessible or alternate formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities, in a timely manner and at no additional cost to the individual. In addition to our standard text-based customer support system, we offer audio-based support services upon request.
- In the event that GetitBB determines information or communications cannot be provided in the format requested, the Company will provide the individual making the request with an explanation. The Company will also provide a summary version of the information or communication requested.
- GetitBB Services Inc. is committed to serving persons with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from the Company’s goods and services. Employees will be trained on how to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device. In the event that an individual experiences a barrier when attempting to use their assistive device to access the Company’s goods, services, or facilities, GetitBB employees will work with the customer to seek to provide alternate ways to accommodate their access request.
- GetitBB Services Inc. is committed to welcoming persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on Company premises that are open to the public and other third parties. If a service animal is excluded by law from the premises (for example, in an area where food is being prepared in a commercial kitchen), then GetitBB will make every effort to enable the person with a disability to access the Company’s services in an alternate manner, if possible. Company employees will be trained on how to interact with persons with disabilities who require the assistance of a guide dog or other service animal.
- xii. We recognize that customers may be accompanied by service animals when accessing GetitBB services, when receiving deliveries from independent contractors, or when visiting restaurants to collect pick-up orders. Independent contractors and restaurants are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, including the requirement to reasonably accommodate service animals.
- GetitBB Services Inc. is committed to welcoming persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Company employees will be trained on how to interact with persons with disabilities who require the assistance of a support person.
- Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to access Company premises that are open to the public and other third parties. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to their support person while on the premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons for admission to Company premises.
- A person with a disability may be assisted by a support person in order to access GetitBB’s goods or services. For example, a customer who experiences a communication barrier when attempting to place an order may use a support person to place an order on their behalf.
- GetitBB Services Inc. will provide notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in accessible services or facilities usually used by persons with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
- Property Operations for the facility in which GetitBB Services resides will post the notice at the location of the disruption of facilities or services and at the front entrance of the facility. For lengthy and planned disruptions, GetitBB will post a notice on its website at www.GetitBB.com. The Company will communicate details of the disruption to employees and the public in means that are appropriate to the service disruption. This may include our social media sites, banner notifications on our app, emails when required, and notifications on our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system.
- Feedback regarding accessibility to goods and services and the manner in which GetitBB employees and volunteers interact with others is welcome and appreciated. Customer feedback assists us in identifying and removing barriers to accessibility in our goods, services, and facilities. Various contact methods are available to provide feedback and are listed on the Company website at www.GetitBB.com
- After placing an order, you can submit feedback regarding your order and delivery experience with GetitBB, the business, and the courier under Order History on your GetitBB account. If you have additional feedback or comments, you can chat with us on our live chat.
- If the feedback relates to an issue with a current order or an order that the customer wants to place, then the customer service agent who initially receives the feedback will seek to resolve the issue directly with the customer. If the customer service agent cannot resolve the issue directly, the issue will be escalated to the next level of support. The escalation will include all order information and contact information, including the customer’s preferred method of contact.
- If the feedback does not relate to an issue with a current order or an order that the customer wants to place, or if the customer service agent receiving the feedback is unable to resolve the issue directly, then the customer service agent will direct the customer to the various online methods available to submit feedback, including the Info@getitbb.com email address.
- Within five business days, the GetitBB Accessibility Office will provide a response to accessibility feedback. The Company will communicate with the individual providing feedback and will work with them to address and resolve complaints wherever possible. If necessary or if Company policies or procedures are affected, issues will be forwarded to the appropriate Company management team for further consultation or review.
- GetitBB Services Inc. will create and maintain a multi-year accessibility plan outlining its strategy to identify, prevent and remove barriers and to meet its requirements under accessibility legislation. The Company will post its accessibility policy and multi-year accessibility plan on its website at www.GetitBB.com/3accp and will provide these documents in an alternate format upon request.
- The Company will review and update its accessibility plan every two years, in consultation with members of its Accessibility Advisory Committee and other GetitBB employees interested in providing feedback during the review period.
- The Company will incorporate accessibility criteria and features when procuring or acquiring self-service kiosks, except where it is not possible or practical to do so. If it is not possible and practical to incorporate accessibility criteria when procuring or acquiring goods, the Company will provide an explanation upon request.
- GetitBB Services Inc. is committed to being inclusive in our hiring policies. We will notify the public that we will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities throughout our selection and hiring process. During the selection process, we will include the following paragraph in print and online job postings:
- GetitBB Services Inc. is committed to building a diverse team through inclusive recruitment and selection. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and communities that we seek to serve. If you have an accommodation request during the selection process, please inform us as soon as possible at info@GetitBB.com and we will make every effort to fulfill your request.
- When scheduling an interview, we will ask applicants if they have any accommodation requests. If an interview candidate requests an accommodation, we will discuss their request with them and make every effort to fulfill their accommodation requests.
- Upon request by an employee, the Company will provide workplace information in an accessible or alternate format or offer communication supports when needed. Workplace information includes:
- Any information employees need to perform their jobs (for example, job descriptions and manuals); and
- General information that is available to all employees at work (for example, the Accessible Employment Policy, company newsletters, bulletins about company policies, and health and safety information).
- When building or making major changes to public spaces of its facilities, the Company will ensure that accessible designs are incorporated wherever possible.
- The Company will inform all employees about policies to support people with disabilities. Its Accessibility Policy and Accessible Employment Policy will be reviewed with new employees when they are hired. If any GetitBB accessibility policies or procedures are modified, all current employees will be informed.
- The current GetitBB Services Inc. Accessibility Policy and Multi-year Accessibility Plan are available online at www.GetitBB.com/
- GetitBB Services Inc. will modify or remove any existing Company policies that do not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.
5. Contact GetitBB Services Inc.
If you have any questions or feedback, accommodation requests, or would like to request a copy of any Company accessibility policies or plans in an alternate format, contact us at:
GetitBB Services Inc.
Suite#1 – The Complex
Farm Road, St. Phillip
6. GetitBB's Statement of Commitment to Accessibility
GetitBB Services Inc. is committed to providing a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. We are committed to providing accessible and inclusive services, goods, information, and facilities, wherever possible. The Company is committed to meeting the requirements of The National Disabilities Unit and all applicable accessibility and human rights legislation in our operations in Barbados. We strive to incorporate the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equality of opportunity in all of our operations.
7. Accessibility Policies and Procedures at GetitBB Services Inc.
For more information on accessibility at GetitBB Services Inc. or to access our Accessibility Policy or Multi-Year Accessibility Plan online, go to www.GetitBB.com/3accp.